The Bureau of the Open-ended Working Group is composed of 6 Officers: two co-chairs, one with technical and one with legal/implementation expertise, two vice-chairs, one with technical and one with legal/implementation expertise and one rapporteur, having due regard to the principle of geographical representation.
These Officers are appointed at meetings of the Conference of the Parties. The current Officers, appointed for the biennium 2012 -2013, by the tenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties, are as follows:
- Ms. Jimena Nieto Carrasco (Colombia) (Technical)
- Mr. Luay s. Al-Mukhtar (Iraq) (Legal)
- Mr. James Mulolo(Zambia) (Technical)
- Mr. Vladimir Lenev (Russian Federation) (Legal)
- Mr. Tuomas Aarnio (Finland)
Teleconference of the Bureau of the Open-ended Working Group on the preparation of the eighth meeting of the Open-ended Working Group to be held from 25 to 28 September 2012 (3 September 2012)